Saturday, May 30, 2009

Hostess Donettes Crunch




Thursday May 28, 2009 Consumed at approx.12:55 AM


Hostess Donettes 6 Mini Donuts Crunch (360 calories, 33g sugar) $1.39 @ Safeway


I'll start by saying the ingredient list makes me wonder how much cancer is in each bite.... 


My first impression was that the donuts were a bit dry, but not as dry as the powdered variety. After the first 2 or so my saliva seemed to make up for the lack of moisture in said product. 


It's funny how much more you taste when you know you'll be describing it later. I'd never previously noted the light sprinkling of sugar crystals over the toasted coconut, how it added a nice little crunch with each bite. There was also a slight brown sugar element that I don't recall ever noticing before tonight. Overall, quite enjoyable. Not bad for a pre packed baked good. Thumbs up.


*Fun Fact*  Surprise ingredients include: Turmeric , paprika & beef fat (Mmm... beef fat....).

1 comment:

  1. Please tell me how so i can share my picture of my plate of Black & Green Hostess Donettes Dated best by Nov 11th 2012 or 14 days beyond me opening the package and 12 from now.
    eating fast or not looking i could of gotten really sick.

    i tried adding a profile pic but it never would finish uploading

    hopefully this Picture link will make you all believers.

    http://content.screencast.com/users/MrDev/folders/Jing/media/5cf11299-a93c-4e98-abc0-f20669b2db0d/2012-10-30_1111.png

    ReplyDelete