Monday, May 25, 2009

Welcome to my candy blog.


Oh Hello,

Finally, a blog about food. 

Well, this blog will cover candy, confections, sweets, the occasional pastry, soft drinks, odd food items, as well as my mother's secret family recipes. Maybe the occasional bit of food history or trivia thrown in to spice up the relationship.

I am currently eating a Butterfinger (Nestle, 2.1oz, 270 calories, 28g of sugar). 

The thing about Butterfingers is that they stick to your teeth. It's a quick snack that really stays with you in all the wrong ways. 

It's 9:16AM. This is not breakfast. The leftover mushroom pizza from Pizza Hut was breakfast. This was a... Snack? A treat? What exactly is candy? How does it fit in?

I love candy. I eat some every day. I enjoy candy from my childhood, candy from before I was born, candy that other people turn their noses up to. I like weird food in general. I'll try to document it here in this space.

I'd like to also mention that I prefer dark chocolate over milk, that American chocolates are almost always too sweet (or at least the chocolates made by the big 3: Hershey's, Mars & Nestle). I'm not particularly fond of fruit candies (Runts, Mike And Ikes), but do like Starbursts and the occasional bag of Skittles. 

Gum is very rarely found inside my oral cavity, although my mom did tell me as a child "If someone offers you gum it's because you have bad breath, so take it." The problem is, so many friends constantly chew gum and when they reload they offer whoever is around a piece of gum. I always accept even though I don't care for it. It's either too sweet or you can't make a decent bubble from it. Curses.

Let's get this party started.


No comments:

Post a Comment